Serving the communities of Frankfield, Grange, and Donnybrook. Frankfield remains a trustee church and is not part of Douglas Union, although its rector has been shared with Douglas Parish since 1920.
1838 Founded as Chapel of Ease to St Fin Barre’s Cathedral and opened for worship on 1st July of that year.
1839 Holy Trinity, Frankfield consecrated
1920 Frankfield parish came under the care of the Rector of Douglas
Frankfield Church was built at a cost of £5000 by Samuel Lane of Frankfield House. It was designed by Sir Thomas Deane in the Georgian Gothic style. In 1865 the architect William Burges was given his first commission in Ireland to install a three light east window in a modified sanctuary in this church. It represents nine allegorical figures of the Virtues and is considered to be a very important example of his early work. The church also has a very fine single manual chamber organ. In 1990 three modern stained glass windows by the Irish artist James Scanlon, were installed in the south side of the nave.