Serving the community of Passage West.
Founded as perpetual cure under St Fin Barre’s Cathedral patronage, it is the oldest parish and church in Douglas Union.
1591 earliest record of an incumbent (Rev. Mauricus McDermot)
1684 present church built.
1838 – 39 present church extended and side aisle added.
1987 became part of Douglas Union.
Passage West has a long nautical history. Lieutenant Richard Roberts, under whose command the ‘Sirius’, which was the first steam ship to cross the Atlantic, is remembered in an impressive family vault in the adjoining churchyard. The church contains attractive ‘box pews’ and the ceiling timbers have been richly painted with scriptural texts and other designs.